Tuesday, November 02, 2010

In the news: from blogosphere to printed publication

It's just a little thing really, but when a staff member from a periodical for Italy's Alpini requested permission to reprint one of my blog entries, I had no idea how surprised, and I have to admit, a little bit sheepish I'd feel after seeing my Tasi e Tira article taking up half the space on page 12. I just received my copy in the mail. The entry was posted over a year ago but through the vast reaches of the internet it goes to show what nice things can happen when you try to immerse yourself in a culture not your own. Perhaps the word "immerse" is rather modest as I like to jump right into the middle of things and get up close and personal. What tickles me the most is that this blog started off as a way of amusing myself (and expanding my knowledge of the country's cuisine), but getting published...whoa! It's like icing on the cake!

Tasi e Tira in print
Click to view original size. I did not do the italian translation!

13 Comments:

Blogger LindyLouMac said...

Brilliant, Fantastic and so well deserved Rowena.

11:48 AM, November 02, 2010  
Blogger K and S said...

whoo! I can get your autograph?? :) way to go!

12:29 PM, November 02, 2010  
Blogger Frizzy and Bird said...

Congratulations my dear! You deserved to be published long long ago. This is such a big honor!

3:50 PM, November 02, 2010  
Blogger natural selection said...

Rowena, Congratulations! a composition beautifully written. You made me present for this meal simply by your command of the word from a superior height.

"It looked to be a sort of tubular cookie that twisted onto itself"

Cheers for the cerebrally fine meal from the mountains!

4:35 PM, November 02, 2010  
Blogger Jude said...

Congratulations, Rowena!! That is too awesome for words! I tried to get caught up with more of your past posts once, and I remember this one :) A lovely tribute to the pure fabulousness of your blog and about time! You're famous! :)

4:41 PM, November 02, 2010  
Blogger Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Congratulations Rowena, such an achievement ,,Well done ♥

9:27 PM, November 02, 2010  
OpenID farfalle1 said...

Complimenti! Good, good, good for you!

10:13 PM, November 02, 2010  
Blogger Tamakikat said...

Congratulations Rowena!

10:43 PM, November 02, 2010  
Anonymous Midge said...

Congratulazioni on seeing print! :D

8:53 AM, November 03, 2010  
Blogger Rowena... said...

Thank you everyone - for the pats on the back, but here is the kicker...I did not remember everything that I wrote in that article and now I feel kinda silly. Reading the italian translation, I was horrified at the part where it says: Ho dovuto sbottonare i pantaloni a quel punto. I wrote that I had to unbutton my pants???!!! Buahaha! I hope it doesn't set a precedent for how local people eat in Hawaii. I should've just gone to that festa in a mu'u mu'u.

9:09 AM, November 03, 2010  
Anonymous casalba said...

Just wanted to add my "Congratulations", also. Brava!

10:24 AM, November 03, 2010  
Blogger Brad Farless said...

Just wanted to say congratulations, Mrs. Roscoe! He he he!

2:27 AM, November 04, 2010  
Blogger Gayle said...

WONDERFUL!! So happy for you, Rowena.

9:31 AM, November 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home