Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm feeling like Krampus this morning


Image source: Wikipedia. This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0.

We all have our weaknesses. Apparently the indulgence of a couple of small but very potent Mai Tais on an empty stomach was not the wisest idea, followed by two Budweisers. What a party last night! The last thing I remember was MotH saying it was time to go home, but in my mind, it sounded like the most absurd statement ever. Home? Whaddya mean home? Right now we're supposed to be taking a short break, or in true island-style, going moi moi (sleeping), then commence kau kau (eating) turkey and stuffing in another round of helpings. That was always standard procedure where I come from - stuff your face or die trying. Eerily apropos, given the chosen image...

Edited update: in case you thought I was hallucinating again...the proof is in da turkey.

Fanukkie's tacchino

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooops! We didn't mean to cause such a metamorphosis! I still prefer the picture of you with a Mai Tai in your hand :-)
P.S. we still have some left... Ponia

1:57 PM, November 23, 2009  
Blogger Tamakikat said...

Buona sera Rowena.

This look sexy...not! But I bet the night was worth the morning after:)

TK

2:33 PM, November 23, 2009  
Blogger Rowena... said...

Ponia - I am just relieved that I did not hug your "porcelain bowl" (lua). As for the MT's...uh oh....

TK - you're practicing italian for when you get here?! Great! And you are so right...the night was worth the pain the next morning, regardless of the creature that stared back at me in the bathroom mirror! ^-^

9:42 PM, November 23, 2009  
Blogger K and S said...

whoo hangovers are not fun...turkey looks great though!

12:13 AM, November 24, 2009  
Blogger Rowena... said...

Kat - ha! You sound like you know exactly how I was feeling. Anyway, the turkey was perfect, but all of the other photos that I took? Ehhhhh....I guess it wasn't a great idea to drink and click at the same time either. The rest of the photos were all out of focus! Grrrrr.....

12:22 PM, November 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home